Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had an absolutely superb time!!
Our holiday was slow, quiet and super relaxing. The biologist made prime rib while I flipped through Cooks Illustrated (in the hope that I may someday return to the kitchen). I took no photos of the amazing dinner we had because I was busy stuffing my face – it was excellent.
Right now there is a plethora of New Years resolutions, recaps and more Flipgrams than I care to see floating around out there. I was trying to decide what I should share….my resolutions/goals? My favorites of 2013? Or maybe I could post some optimistic inspirational rubbish about 2014? The thing is – I couldn’t decide, so I thought – shoot – I will cover it all (except I’m not going to make a Flipgram – sorry). Brace yourself.
New Years Resolutions:
- I am having a really difficult time with this. There are about a million things that I would like to improve on. So maybe I will just say that my resolution is to uh….be more decisive 🙂
My Top 13 Photos of 2013:
- Hey! I already did this here. Overachieving already….
Top Five TV Experiences of 2013 (because 2013 brought us a new television):
- Breaking Bad – You guys – this was one of THE BEST shows I have ever seen
- Game of Thrones
- Silver Linings Playbook – this isn’t television but I loved this movie and the book
- Frances Ha
- Northern Exposure – I had never seen this show until I moved to Alaska…so there you go
Five Recipes I want to try in 2014 (When I get off of kitchen probation):
- Joy the Baker’s Toasted Pecan & Blueberry Couscous salad
- Italian Pulled Pork
- Asian Noodle Salad
- BLT Grilled Cheese
- Peanut Butter Bacon Blondies
A Goal: I have always wanted to go to Joshua Tree – it’s on my bucket list. This year? Maybe I could stay here on my way….